Generally, peas are not suited for sowing after a main cereal crop as it is too late in the season for them to establish.
- Sowing rate: 30 kg/ha
- Frost tolerance: Poor
- Biomass: Good if sown early in the season
- Pests & diseases: Generally not a problem
- The following table presents the full list of prescribed catch crops permitted within the GLAS scheme.
- For GLAS, a mixture of at least 2 crops from the prescribed list must be sowing.
- Catch crops must remain in place until after 1st December.
75- 100 kg/ha
Ask an expert
Ask an expert if you would like any advice about grassland management.