Generally, peas are not suited for sowing after a main cereal crop as it is too late in the season for them to establish.
- Sowing rate: 40-50 kg/ha
- Sowing time: Sow from mid-July up until 15 September in ACRES
- Frost tolerance: Poor
- Biomass: Good if sown early in the season
- Pests & diseases: Generally not a problem
- A mixture of at least two crops from the prescribed list must be sown.
- Pease cover crops must remain in place until after 1 January.
Ask an expert
Ask an expert if you would like any advice about grassland management.