Timbale Lucerne seed
Timbale is a high yielding lucerne seed variety suitable for use as a protein-rich forage crop.
The Timbale lucerne variety is semi-dormant, with a dormancy rating in the 4-5 range, making it ideally suited for the UK climate.
Timbale will generally produce four to five silage cuts per season and can persist for up to six years with the appropriate management.
Timbale lucerne seed
- High yielding semi-dormant variety
- Thin-stemmed with a favourable leaf-to-stem ratio
- Rapid wilting potential
- Pre-inoculated seed with a mineral and trace element coating
- Packed in 1 ha bags of 25 kg
- High yielding and suited to UK conditions
- Outstanding nutritional quality due to thin stems and good leaf retention
- Good disease resistance
- Excellent establishment
Ask an expert
Please click here to ask a Germinal expert any questions about your agricultural grass and forage seed requirements.
|Sowing rate||25.00 kg/ha|
|Sowing time||Late April to mid-August|
|Sowing depth||5-10 mm|
|Sowing instructions||Drill into a fine tilth
Moist and warm soil conditions (minimum 12˚C)
Roll before and after drilling for good soil-to-seed contact