Enrich soil with climate smart forage
Soil is a non-renewable resource – it is fundamental to delivering productive farming
Healthy soil acts like a carbon reservoir and is a habitat for microorganisms. Depleted, compacted and eroded soil is a challenge for farmers and the future of food production.
Germinal’s LandStrong is a range of environmentally friendly and climate smart mixtures that are helping farmers adapt to climate change and better manage their resources.
LandStrong supports sustainable farming
- Strengthening soil fertility and structure
- Boosting biodiversity in grassland swards
- Reducing environmental impact through a reduction in nitrogen fertiliser inputs
LandStrong options include a variety of multi-species and government-approved scheme mixtures.
Environmental & economic benefits
- Plantain and chicory can help avoid losses of nitrogen via leaching
- Deeper root depths mean higher rates of carbon sequestration
- Attraction of pollinators who feed on the flowering plants in multi-species swards
Animal performance & multi-species
Multi-species can be beneficial for dairy, beef, and sheep producers.
When reseeding it is a good time to consider the added value multi-species can bring as diversification of species in the sward improves uptake.
Ask an expert about LandStrong
Contact a Germinal expert for advice on the right multi-species for soil types, production system, establishment and sward management.